In this podcast, Scott shares the qualities of great leaders and how they teach people to think and exhibit behaviors that maximize their influence. Additionally, he shares insights on becoming an exceptional long-term leader.
- The Influence of David Benedict’s Leadership:
- While not directly involved in the game, David Benedict played a crucial role in the championship victory.
- Benedict’s leadership involved hiring the right head coach and assembling a strong coaching staff.
- The qualities of leadership demonstrated by Dan Hurley, the men’s basketball coach at the University of Connecticut, are explored.
- Introduction to Scott Agnew and Keller Williams Real Estate:
- Scott Agnew is a regional operating partner at Keller Williams, the world’s largest real estate company.
- Keller Williams comprises over 185,000 salespeople and 750 franchise owners, emphasizing the potential for success within the company.
- The Essence of Exceptional Long-Term Leadership:
- Scott Agnew’s book, “Long-Term Leader,” focuses on the principles and practices of exceptional leadership.
- Building strong relationships that evolve into friendships is a crucial aspect of long-term leadership.
- The Power of Effective Communication:
- Scott Agnew highlights the importance of healthy communication in leadership.
- Great leaders demonstrate clear, concise, and empathetic communication skills.
- The role of communication in establishing trust and influence is emphasized.
- The Three Ps of Effective Communication:
- Permission: Leaders seek understanding by asking questions and giving others permission to express themselves.
- Protection: Leaders show empathy, concern, and establish trust to create a safe environment for communication.
- Potency: Effective communication creates healthy partnerships and connects leaders with their Teams.
Leadership lessons from David Benedict and Scott Agnew highlight the significance of hiring the right people, building strong relationships, and practicing effective communication. By embodying these qualities, leaders can maximize their influence, foster a positive environment, and achieve long-term success.