The Road Less Stupid: A Conversation Between Keith Cunningham and Joe Polish On Thinking Better and Smarter - Part 1
American entrepreneur, international speaker, and acclaimed author, Keith J. Cunningham is regarded as one of the foremost authorities and teachers on business mastery. With more than forty-five years of business and investing experience, Keith has taught critical business skills to thousands of top executives, business owners, and entrepreneurs around the world.
In Keith’s Keys to the Vault® Business School, he has created a curriculum designed to accelerate the transition from Operator to Owner and drive sustainable financial performance and business success. Through his Board of Directors program, he serves as Chairman of the Board for businesses in a wide range of industries. Keith’s latest book “The Road Less Stupid” is about adopting the discipline of “Thinking Time” which will enable you to run your business more effectively, make more money, and dramatically increase the likelihood of keeping that money. Keith is also the author of “Keys to the Vault: Lessons from the Pros on Raising Money and Igniting Your Business and The Ultimate Blueprint for an Insanely Successful Business”. This episode is a brilliant conversation with Keith Cunningham and Joe Polish.
If you’d like to join Keith Cunningham, Joe Polish, and 400 more of the world’s greatest entrepreneurs at this year’s Genius Network Annual Event – then apply today for your invitation to attend. If you’d like to learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event or to apply, go to GeniusNetwork.com/JoinKeith.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Keith Cunningham in this episode:
- How Keith went from having $100 MILLION to minus $50 MILLION in 24 months.
- The #1 key to making more money and KEEPING IT (What it takes to MAKE money is very different than what it takes to KEEP money. Keith tells you how to do BOTH).
- 2 words summarizing what the most successful entrepreneurs master in order to create sustainably successful businesses.
- The difference between “Symptoms” and “Problems” and why knowing the difference is crucial to your forward progress.
- The “Holy Grail” of Wealth: Keith reveals the ONE biggest secret to wealth.
- 2 types of business models you can use to build your “Business Machine” (PLUS: What a “Business Machine” really is AND the 3 elements of a “Business Machine”).
- The truth about CULTURE and how it can transform the way your company runs.
- What one of the smartest and richest investors of all time does to invest successfully.
- RISK: 3 questions for evaluating risk in any situation AND the key to financially surviving negative outcomes.
- The 4 roles of a business owner, how to use them to scale and grow, and Keith’s 5 beliefs about business owners.
- The key to making more money is doing fewer stupid things.
- What it takes to make money is very different from what it takes to keep it.
- As business people, it’s important to look at how things are being done.
- A business owner has mastered leverage and structure.
- Opportunity without structure is chaos.
- Most entrepreneurs hate structure but it is necessary for growth.
- Most are not honest about the reality of their situation.
- We’re good at “ought” but terrible at “is” – and that gap is the symptom.
- The hardest part of thinking time is getting clarity on the problem that is – and without that clarity, you are tactical and not strategic.
- Optimism is your enemy in business – we need a board to get the truth.
- Execute on strategy and plan – not idea – and you’ve got to have people.
- Nothing can change until the unspoken is said, and the greatest failure of leadership is a lack of courage.
- Perks and culture are two different things. Culture is accountability.
- We’re addicted to the idea of growth and scaling as though big is the same as rich.
- Your competition dictates your revenue.
- Always start with powerful questions.