The Road Less Stupid: A Conversation Between Keith Cunningham and Joe Polish On Thinking Better and Smarter - Part 2
If you haven’t heard it yet, listen to episode 133 – part one – before listening to this episode. Keith Cunningham, an American entrepreneur, international speaker, and acclaimed author, is regarded as one of the foremost authorities and teachers on business mastery. With more than forty-five years of business and investing experience, Keith has taught critical business skills to thousands of top executives, business owners, and entrepreneurs around the world. Today, Keith continues leading us on the road less stupid.
If you’d like to join Keith Cunningham, Joe Polish, and 400 more of the world’s greatest entrepreneurs at this year’s Genius Network Annual Event – then apply today for your invitation to attend. If you’d like to learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event, or to apply go to www.GeniusNetwork.com/joinkeith.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Keith Cunningham in this episode:
- 3 of the most vital character traits to look for in STAR PLAYERS (how to spot and hire them).
- THINKING TIME: The discipline that can make you 10x more productive and make you A LOT smarter.
- 7 smart questions multi-BILLIONAIRES ask themselves to think and act more effectively.
- The “Talent Map” for hiring the RIGHT people who will turn your company vision into reality.
- 4 keys to a successful partnership (AND the ONE partnership agreement that can help you avoid a broken partnership).
- The single most powerful thing Keith has EVER heard (PLUS: Keith shares 3 questions he would ask at the end of his life).
- Keith tells a story about when he first heard about “Thinking Time” and why it’s the greatest idea he’s ever heard.
- The questions Keith asked when he was training to have thinking time.
- There is a list of questions you can ask yourself during “Thinking Time”.
- A-players have an emotional need to succeed and love to be measured.
- Those who don’t want to be measured don’t want to be accountable.
- A-players have execution intelligence and know what to do.
- How to figure out your company’s true DNA and trajectory.
- Interview for strategic outcomes, critical drivers, and core competencies.
- The most powerful thing Keith has heard: “Hell on earth would be to meet the man you could’ve been.”
- The 3 questions Keith would ask at the end of his life: “Did the people I love, love me?” “Did I have an impact?” and “Was I in integrity?”
- To be successful, partnerships require trust, respect, and the definition of duties.
- Most people can’t scale because they’re crappy owners – they don’t have the skills and tools needed to scale.
- Knowing his core competencies have been the key to Warren Buffett’s success.