True Health: How Integrative Medicine helps people stay healthy and live longer with Dr. Andrew Weil and Joe Polish
Dr. Andrew Weil, M.D. has been called “The Father of Integrative Medicine” and is a world-renowned leader in the field. Dr. Weil is internationally recognized for his views on leading a healthy lifestyle, his philosophy of healthy aging, and his insights into the future of medicine and health care.
Time Magazine recognized Dr. Weil as one of the world’s 100 most influential people. He’s appeared on PBS television specials and more TV talk shows than he can count. He’s also an internationally recognized expert on medicinal plants, alternative medicine, and the reform of medical education.
This episode, True Health, is a candid and fascinating conversation with Dr. Andrew Weil and Joe Polish.
In it, you’ll hear how “Integrative Medicine” helps people stay healthy and live longer, what the Anti-Inflammatory Food Pyramid is and how it can help you live a healthier life, plus you’ll get valuable perspectives on the current culture around food, addiction and recovery, psychedelics and the power of plant medicines, and much more.
Plus, there’s a bonus segment to this interview you can access:
If you’d like to join Dr. Weil, Joe Polish, and 400 more of the world’s greatest entrepreneurs at this year’s Genius Network Annual Event – where Dr. Weil will reveal even more insights for high achieving entrepreneurs to live their healthiest lives – then apply today for your invitation to attend.
Visit GeniusNetwork.com/TrueHealth, complete the application of interest, and as our gift to you, we’ll send you a valuable bonus segment to this episode which includes Q&A from Genius Network Members for Dr. Weil on mental health, disease prevention, vaccinations, medications, and relaxation breathing techniques.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Dr. Andrew Weil in this episode:
- How “Integrative Medicine” helps people stay healthy and live longer (PLUS: Dr. Weil talks about his current work with the Center for Integrative Medicine).
- What the “Anti-Inflammatory Food Pyramid” is, how it can help you live a healthier life, and the mission behind True Foods Kitchen restaurants.
- Dr. Weil’s perspective on the current culture around food and what we can do to better inform ourselves and lead healthier lives.
- The 1,000-year-old Japanese health secret: How Matcha tea can lower blood pressure and improve cardiovascular health.
- Dr. Weil’s perspective on addiction and recovery and how to best help people and families heal.
- Joe and Dr. Weil discuss the fascinating world of psychedelics and the power of plant medicines.
- Integrative medicine intelligently combines conventional and alternative medicines.
- Andrew is a founder of True Foods Kitchen.
- Integrative medicine has a strong emphasis on healing, lifestyle, and the whole person.
- Physical activity, a good diet, and stress management are keys to a healthy life.
- Integrative medicine is “whole person” medicine – you don’t exclude the mind.
- The people of Okinawa had the longest lifespan until McDonald’s appeared.
- The for-profit medical model makes the patient-doctor interaction minimal.
- Addiction is universal – we are all addicted to something but some things are more socially acceptable than others.
- The criminal justice system shouldn’t be treating addiction – we need a more compassionate approach.
- Dr. Andrew Weil believes consciousness organizes matter and you can change the external world with your mind.
- He sees potential in psychedelics – he had an instant and permanent disappearance of a lifelong allergy to cats while on LSD.
- Plants are fundamentally different than the compounds taken out of them – you see more benefit when using the whole plant.
- There are 300,000-400,000 deaths per year of hospitalized deaths by pharmaceuticals – public opinion seems to be shifting around psychedelics.
- The healthcare system is unsustainable and needs radical change.