Lee Richter reached 40,000,000 people, got 328,802 shares, 2,800 comments and added 25,000 names to her email list with one social media post. This is her story.
Genius Network Member Lee Richter is an award winning, dynamic business innovator and a visionary recognized again by the San Francisco Business Times as one of their Top 100 Women Business Leaders in 2017. For more than 25 years, she has launched a dozen successful businesses in the financial, education and lifestyle sectors.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Lee Richter in this episode:
- How to turn a free speech into a multimillion-dollar brand (PLUS: 10 types of speeches you can give)
- A lesson from an iconic billion-dollar brand you can use to help make your company vision a reality
- From Zookeeper to Millionaire: How Jack Hanna used free media to build a global brand and become a multimillionaire
- What Richard Branson does to make sure his name and his companies are constantly getting media exposure and attention
- How Lee reached 40,000,000 people, got 328,802 shares, 2,800 comments and added 25,000 names to her email list with one social media post
- The biggest key to getting positive, high profile media and news stories written about you and your company”
- Companies spend thousands of dollars on advertising but if they combined that with public relations they would get much more bang for their buck.
- A free speech is something that you are not getting paid for and you’re not selling anything at the time.
- There are a number of platforms you can use to deliver a free speech including YouTube, Facebook Live, webinars, and social media.
- In 1986, Pixar was just an idea that was started by Steve Jobs and two of his friends as a side project that they promoted with free speeches. 20 years later, Disney paid 7 billion dollars to buy Pixar.
- Free speeches are a way for you to build a global brand just by telling your story.
- Every time you speak you have the opportunity to create the next opportunity.
- Create buzz in your company about the things you are excited about and want to get out there.
- Public relations can be even more impactful than advertising because it can inspire others to write articles about you.
- The media is thirsty to tell your stories.
- Richard Branson is consistently getting his name and his brand in front of the media, it’s no coincidence he’s worth $5.1 billion dollars.
- When you have news to share, get the word out so that the media gets used to seeing your name and who you are.
- The key to PR is follow up.
- Getting attention is about creating a way for the media and social media to talk about you, especially if it’s a great and interesting story.
- You never know when a piece of content will go viral but you can plant the seeds.
- Look for ways to get connected and stay connected.
- Build your tribe both online and offline.