Values: The Key To Making Quicker, Better Decisions with Joel Weldon at Joe Polish’s Genius Network
Joel Weldon says the simple secret to increasing your confidence and making more money is … values. Do you agree?
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Joel Weldon in this episode:
- The simple secret to increasing your confidence and making more money
- What Roy Disney (the co-founder of Disney) knew that made him so successful
- How to produce your best results and easily make tough decisions
- The connection between your priorities, your goals and your life
- A powerful values exercise that could change your life and business
- How many decisions have you already made today? According to a study done by Columbia university, executives make an average of 67 business decisions every single day.
- Your goal should be to make the right decisions that produce the best results.
- Your values are the key to making better, quicker decisions.
- Values are your beliefs or principles that drive your behaviour.
- When your values are clear to you, making decisions become easier. Every decision should be made through the lens of your values.
- Your values determine your priorities, your priorities determine your goals, and your goals determine your life. Your life is your choice.
- How clear are your personal values? What do you stand for?
- When it comes to your family, how much of your limited time are you going to spend with them?
- Ralph Larson pulled every bottle of Tylenol out of America in a single night at a cost of $100 million after a person poisoned several capsules. When asked how he could make such a decision so quickly he said “My job as CEO is to always be thinking and trying to do the right thing.”
- The wheelbarrow experiment is a way of clarifying your business values. It’s too difficult to identify what you value most by just asking the question, you have to start with everything you care about and then keep narrowing the list until you find the one thing that matters the most.
- List your values, decide on the one you think is the most important, and you will find decisions to be easy.