Are you afraid of failure? Learn how to shift your mindset and be willing to fail in today’s episode of the Genius Network podcast with Brian Scudamore.
In this episode, Brian Scudamore, the founder and CEO of O2E Brands, the parent company of 1-800-GOT-JUNK, shares the value of turning failures into gifts. He’ll lay out what he does in the face of overwhelming opposition and break down how he connects with successful and difficult-to-reach people with authenticity and transparency. He explains why finding something you love then committing to it is backwards, and he’ll reveal a simple trick to truly “go dark” when you take time away from your Business.
If you’d like to join world-renowned Entrepreneurs at the next Genius Network Annual Event – then apply today for your invitation to attend. If you’d like to learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event or to apply, go to www.GeniusNetwork.com.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Brian in this episode:
- His Entrepreneurial journey from zero to his first million.
- Why he wrote his new book “WTF?! (Willing to Fail): How Failure Can Be Your Key to Success”.
- The biggest difference between running a single operation and running a Business that scales.
- The story of how he got into the junk removal Business and founded 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
- What being in the junk removal Business has taught Brian about clutter and owning “stuff”.
- Brian shares the biggest challenge with starting three new brands (and why he started them).
- “I Felt Shattered”: One thing you must do in the face of overwhelming opposition if you want to succeed.
- How Brian transforms his failures into GIFTS and how YOU can turn failures into gifts, too.
- The most important lessons Brian has learned about finding, hiring and nurturing the right people.
- How Brian deals with con artists, scoundrels and situationally ethical people.
- Brian talks about some of the most important “First Dominos” in his life and Business.
- The way Brian became friends with Fred DeLuca (Billionaire and Co-Founder of Subway).
- Brian tells Joe his approach when he reaches out to connect with well-known people.
- A 3-step criteria Brian uses to ensure all his meetings are effective and results-focused.
- How to disconnect, take time off and rejuvenate without getting pulled back into work.
- The mission and purpose behind O2E Brands (And how Brian grows his companies).
- A surprising reason why “Transparency” is an integral part of O2E Brands’ culture.
- Brian reveals one of the most important keys to creating a successful franchise.
- The reasons why Brian wants to stay private and doesn’t want to sell equity.
- One of the simplest (and most effective) ways to get free PR for your company.
- The Driven Entrepreneur: What makes Brian tick (and why it’s NOT money).
- Find something you love and commit to it? WRONG. Do THIS instead…
- How to use money as a positive vehicle to contribute and help other people.
- Brian shares the biggest value he gets out of being in Joe’s Genius Network.
- What Brian is most excited about right now in his Business and in his life.