Mental clarity can be mastered and the top ADD/ADHD psychiatrist in the world shows you how in this episode of Genius Network. The #1 mindset that can put you on the fast-track to achieving your dreams, and more, with Dr. Ned Hallowell.
Edward M. “Ned” Hallowell is a child and adult psychiatrist who specializes in ADD and ADHD. He is the co-author of the books Driven to Distraction and Delivered From Distraction.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Ned in this episode:
- Master The Art of Mental Clarity: Lessons From The Top ADD/ADHD Psychiatrist In The World
- The #1 mindset that can put you on the fast-track to achieving your dreams
- 6 secrets for supercharging your own attention, boosting your concentration and having maximum focus
- Ned shares a smarter way to connect with people and solve your most pressing problems
- S.E.A.R.C.H. and S.I.N.: 9 simple strategies to get (and hold) anyone’s attention
- The C.D.E formula that gives you greater focus and simplifies your life
- Ned reveals the most precious resource every entrepreneur has and how to harness it
- The surprising reason why ADD/ADHD can be a tremendous asset for you
- How you to use the “Mozart and Shakespeare Way of Thinking” to become more creative
- Controlling The Power of Your Mind: Secrets for thinking more clearly
- The most important decision you need to make every day that determines your success
- The force that propels everything positive in life is the force of connection.
- We often overestimate brain power and underestimate dream power and hope power.
- The notion of mindset is extremely well documented. A growth mindset or a limited mindset becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
- We are only limited to our capacity to dream big.
- You have the power to take whatever notion you have and change the world.
- What drives the good at its core is the power of love.
- Attention is the most precious resource we have and it’s being consumed in today’s world.
- The big decision you have to make every day is where you are going to focus your attention.
- You can’t maintain a single level of focus throughout the day.
- ADD is not a disorder, it’s a trait.
- Visionary dreamers are the origin of our gene pool.
- You have to learn how to control the power of your mind. It’s like having a ferrari engine for a mind with bicycle brakes.
- Structures and constraints will allow you to be exponentially more creative.
- How to grab attention – SEARCH: Scare, Excite/Educate, Attack/Annoy/Amaze, Reassure/Reward, Charm, Help
- Hold to hold attention – SIN: Structure, Interaction, Novelty
- The interactive screen is extremely focusing, which is also the danger.
- Every hour or so, you need to give your brain a break. Stand up and walk around.
- A lot of managing your own attention is how you prepare for a project. To prepare your energy you need: sleep, exercise, nutrition, meditation, cognitive stimulation, and positive human contact.
- Connection and brains are really good for you. It’s free and in infinite supply. Spend time with people that you care about.
- Lead a connected life. Social isolation is as dangerous a risk factor for early death as cigarette smoking.
- Be inappropriate, be vulnerable. What do you have to lose?
- Your sweet spot falls in what you love to do, what you’re good at, and what advances your mission or someone will pay you to do.
- Don’t be with people that will bring you down.
- Beware of feeling busy, it’s not good for you. You need to do what matters most to you everyday and to do that you need a plan.