Beyond the Bestseller: How to write a book that creates a movement, earns you a fortune and changes the world with Hal Elrod at Joe Polish’s Genius Network
How to write a book that creates a movement, earns you a fortune, and changes the world – with Hal Elrod.
Hal is one of the highest rated keynote speakers in America, creator of one of the fastest growing and most engaged online communities in existence and author of one of the highest rated, best-selling books in the world, The Miracle Morning. The book has been translated into 27 languages and is practiced daily by over 500,000 people in 70+ countries.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Hal Elrod in this episode:
- What a book can do to establish your expertise, position you in your market and transform your business
- The secret to scaling your impact and your income (How Hal’s book brought in $1.2 million in royalties)
- Should you go through a traditional publisher or self-publish your book? Here’s Hal’s interesting advice…
- 3 steps for building your list and creating a community of raving fans that tell everyone about your book
- 4 strategies for creating a book that continuously sells a lot of copies and doesn’t fizzle out
- The single biggest thing you can do to differentiate your book from 98% of all books out there
- Hal’s near death experience transformed his life and refocused him onto helping other people fulfill their potential.
- Author and entrepreneur are interchangeable.
- Most books don’t scale their impact and income for their authors.
- Hal originally self published his book The Miracle Morning but by doing so he created a hybrid publishing model that he leveraged in other foreign markets.
- 80% of the people who buy Hal’s book opt in to the bonuses included.
- When you believe in your message, you have to keep promoting and sharing it.
- Many best selling authors last year are nowhere on the charts this year.
- The four core pillars: elicit behaviour change, compel readers to opt in and share, create a self sustaining community, and keep promoting until…
- Most books change the way you think, but once you stop reading it you stop thinking about it. But if it changes your behaviour, it will change your life.
- Give your reader a ritual they can do regularly. Affirmations create repetition.
- Give them a 30 day challenge to take what you’re teaching them so they can turn it into something they can sustain beyond the reading of the book.
- Offer multiple resources that are relevant and compelling that are related to your content.
- Set it up for those that opt in can easily share your book so they don’t have to do the hard work.
- Include a special invitation for your reader and invite them into your community. Create a pinned post so that new members know exactly what to do to get started. Engage daily.
- Promote what you believe in until it’s created the impact you know it can.