Are you butting heads with your loved ones in lockdown? Learn how building gender intelligence can help in today’s episode of the Genius Network Podcast.
In this episode, Barbara Annis, the founder and CEO of the Gender Intelligence Group, reveals what you can do right now to work, live and win alongside the men and women in your life. Barbara and Joe will also discuss how to have greater empathy, celebrate differences, and reduce conflict so you can get out of this crisis stronger and more united than ever.
If you’d like to join world-renowned Entrepreneurs at the next Genius Network Annual Event – then apply today for your invitation to attend. If you’d like to learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event or to apply, go to www.GeniusNetwork.com.
Butting heads with your loved ones in lockdown? Listen as Barbara Annis shares how to use gender intelligence to connect deeper and resolve conflict in today’s episode of the Genius Network podcast.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Barbara, and Joe in this episode:
- How you can empathize and connect more deeply with family and friends while being at home.
- From Breakdown to Breakthrough: The different ways men and women have breakthroughs.
- What men and women can do right now to work together, live together, and win together.
- Why being curious is so important for connection (PLUS: A simple secret to greater empathy).
- The superpowers (and kryptonite) men and women have during a crisis like COVID-19.
- Barbara is committed to ending the power struggle between men and women through gender intelligence.
- Divorces have skyrocketed in China and alcohol consumption has increased by 40% in the U.S.
- Gender equality implies sameness, gender intelligence understands and appreciates the differences so there can be more harmony.
- Psychologists have more business right now helping resolve conflict in the home.
- Men and women de-stress differently; women’s prefrontal cortex is more wired so they see and worry more about the consequences of things than men.
- Women tend to vent and worry more, increasing cortisol, and men tend to take a break and they rebuild testosterone that way.
- Barbara sees the gender differences when women and men talk separately about COVID-19.
- Reframe to understand what you can influence and what you can’t so you don’t stress over things you can’t control; women want to be heard and understood by men.
- On processing grief and stress: Empathy is the most important thing right now, and men and women need empathy in different ways.
- Keep yourself busy, do healthy activities, get sun, move, and let your stressful state pass by reframing your situation and understanding yourself.
- Men and women have breakthroughs differently; women have breakthroughs through validation, men have breakthroughs through struggle and validation of that struggle.
- Neuroscientists have tested men and women’s brains with competitive sports to see what it triggers and it proves this.
- We need to get out of the blame-game and focus on acknowledging our strengths and working together while leveraging our differences.
- Appreciate differences and stand in the other person’s shoes; learn more and gain your own insights.
- Guys, to learn to be more empathetic by generously listening and being interested.
- Men naturally want to take action but women need to be understood before that action is taken.
- Superpowers and kryptonite in crisis: Women’s superpower is that they are risk-wise and consequence-aware, women’s kryptonite is understanding each other.
- Understanding means there’s nothing to forgive.
- How women can empathize with men; men have been blamed for breathing, and really only 1-2% of men are bad.
- Women need to realign with men to work together, win together, and live together; we need to get out of the blame game and honor each other.
- We need to comprehend and connect with each other now more than ever; conflict is an energy-suck that needs to be resolved.
- Conflict is the biggest expense that we need to cut.