From Pain Into Power: How to transform your greatest adversities into your greatest opportunities, the danger of trying to please people and how to truly be yourself while living the life you want, 3 ways to deal with criticism, and more.
Trent Shelton is a former NFL wide receiver that is now considered one of the most impactful speakers of this generation. He reaches over 50 million people weekly through his various social media outlets, and also travels the world to speak his message of creating lasting change in your life.
If you would like access to the full video presentation, the show notes, and the special resources for this episode, please visit GeniusNetwork.com/57.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Trent in this episode:
- How Trent Shelton went from being an NFL player to becoming one of the most impactful speakers alive reaching 50 million people a week
- From Pain Into Power: How to transform your greatest adversities into your greatest opportunities
- The danger of trying to please people and how to truly be yourself while living the life you want
- In 2008, Trent hit rock bottom when he was released from the NFL team he was playing for. He felt depressed and like his life was over. Here’s what he did to turn it ALL around…
- The story of how RehabTime got started and how it became so successful
- 5 strategies Trent used build a following of millions of people (and the difference between having followers and making an impact)
- What to do when you are struggling silently and you feel like no one understands what you’re going through
- 2 of the most important life lessons Trent has learned
- The Power of Faith: What faith means to Shelton and how it can transform your life
- 3 ways to deal with criticism, haters and negativity and get rid of people that suck
- What it takes to grow, communicate more effectively and expand your appreciation
- How to ignite the greatness inside you and become the best person you can be
- 3 daily practices you can put into place to have more success and feel more fulfilled
- Growing up, Trent was introverted but he always felt motivated to share his mission.
- So many people try to live other people’s lives, your appearance is part of that.
- Be respectful and give to others what you want yourself. Don’t change yourself to please people, do it to please yourself first.
- Trent’s rock bottom included drugs, depression, and contemplating suicide. The birth of his son was the one thing that made him realize he had to turn his life around.
- Your life is bigger than you.
- Trent decided to rehab his life which meant his body, mind, and soul.
- Trent realized that all you need to inspire people is your truth and reality.
- We hold onto things we don’t love anymore out of fear of the unknown.
- Trent’s first public speaking experience where he went blank once he hit the stage is where he discovered his passionate speaking from the heart style.
- Trent’s near death experience as child and hitting rock bottom is where he finds the foundation for his faith. Seeing his life as the path to he his today is what faith means to Trent.
- If you want the world to change, you have to change yourself first.
- Don’t let what’s going on outside you define what goes on inside.
- Face your reality, when you face your fear you will find a strength you didn’t realize you had.
- Release toxic things from your life.
- Almost everyone goes through silent battles where they feel isolated and fear judgment, it’s important to find someone to help you overcome your pain and turn it into power.
- Just because you made a mistake, it doesn’t mean you are one.
- We live in a world where we see the negative first, we should strive to avoid judging people and help them instead.
- If you’re going to do anything big in the world, you are going to be attacked. Don’t let it stop your progress. Haters are people who admire what you do, the just have another way of showing it.
- Giving love can overcome someone’s hate, people that abuse others were often abused themselves.
- Be real to yourself, people respond to authenticity.
- Focus on impact over numbers.
- When you become consistent you become reliable, when you’re reliable you become trustworthy. Fall in love with progression.
- Building an authentic foundation is the key to any business.
- What is your definition of enough? Stop measuring your life with the world’s rulers.
- Be loyal to the principles in your life, not the people.
- Mindsets are contagious, but it’s still possible to care for someone from a distance.
- In order to grow you have to go through growing pains. Growth is always taking place even if you can’t see it beneath the surface.