How should your marketing change during these crazy times – especially if you have a business that has been deeply impacted by gathering and travel restrictions? Learn how to make the most of your marketing efforts in today’s episode of the Genius Network Podcast. In this episode, Ashton Palmer and Dean Jackson discuss Ashton’s untapped opportunities and limitless potential – even though he’s got a travel company. They’ll also break down a business model that’ll work right now and pay off far into the future.
If you’d like to join world-renowned entrepreneurs at this year’s Genius Network Annual Event – then apply today for your invitation to attend. If you’d like to learn more about the Genius Network Annual Event or to apply, go to www.GeniusNetwork.com.
Wondering how to keep making money in these scary times? Learn how Ashton Palmer, the founder and president of Expedition Trips is maximizing his marketing efforts in today’s episode of the Genius Network podcast.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Ashton and Dean in this episode:
- Ashton’s entrepreneurial journey and where he is now.
- What the owner of ExpeditionTrips thinks about our current crisis.
- Marketing SOLUTIONS through travel restrictions and beyond.
- A way to instantly become a market-MAKER.
- The tools and practical strategies to get cash flow now.
- How to frame your offer effectively, clearly, and irresistibly.
- Exclusive and ethical opportunities and how to spot them in any industry.
- Ashton’s mom was an Entrepreneur – she bought a small bed and breakfast to support her family.
- He grew up fast, didn’t like school and left when he was 16 to Australia for a year.
- He got into the travel business by learning from other travel businesses first.
- They started doing expedition trips themselves and grew that business gradually.
- Twelve years ago he bought out his ex-wife and is now happily remarried.
- The business has 23 employees and makes $25M a year in sales.
- Ashton doesn’t think it’s a good time to obsess over polarizing news.
- He understands the concern about the spread of the virus and the restrictions.
- From a business perspective, they’re still receiving inquiries.
- People just need to know and be assured that where they’re going is safe.
- The peak of infections may not be for another 4-6 weeks.
- In the big picture, this is an acute onset type of situation.
- Like every storm, this will pass and a mindset of ethical opportunism will help.
- Solidify and do the best thing for your business first.
- Ashton’s business: He typically works with individuals and couples.
- The average amount of time between the booking and the travel is 10 months.
- Their pipeline is about a year forward; with the restrictions, people can’t do the trips.
- He doesn’t know what the reality will be down the road.
- He’s seen travel be affected by other sicknesses, but business always returns to normal.
- Like a realtor, they broker trips for clients with tour operators.
- Measuring return on a relationship – 20-25% of Ashton’s clients are return or referral.
- He uses newsletters and online marketing and tracks referrals.
- He has reached out to surveyors with his best offers for cash flow.
- Ashton’s advertising model: They’ve been building a new website and advertising.
- They have landing and opt-in pages and have opportunities for more engagement.
- Incentives for travel in 2021 are probably great!
- Be a market-maker in a time when the market seems to not exist.