How to Skyrocket Your Media Attention, Viewership and Audience: Part 1 with Paula Rizzo and Joe Polish
Paula Rizzo is a bestselling author and Emmy award-winning producer. For nearly 20 years Paula has produced health, wellness and lifestyle segments with a range of top experts including JJ Virgin, Jillian Michaels and Deepak Chopra. She’s even served as the senior health producer for Fox News in New York City for more than a decade. Paula is the founder of the productivity website “List Producer” and is also the co-creator of “Lights Camera Expert”, an online course geared towards helping entrepreneurs, authors and experts get media attention. She’s been featured on many media outlets including Fox News, Fox Business, Prevention, Business Insider, Entrepreneur, Brides, and has made it onto Oprah.com’s list of “Self-Help Books That Really Help”. In this episode, Paula Rizzo shares exactly what makes a successful pitch, what common mistakes to avoid, and how to get booked consistently. She’ll also give some pointers on best list-making practices so you can do more and make more – without overwhelm. Make sure to tune back in for part 2 with Paula and Joe on Genius Network episode 127.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Paula in this episode:
- Paula shares some of the most useful lessons she’s learned as a TV producer that can help almost any entrepreneur
- The 2 most common mistakes entrepreneurs make when it comes to getting media (and how to avoid them)
- A mindset shift that can help you become more persuasive and transform your audiences lives
- The Accordion Method: The secret to creating succinct, powerful, impactful communications
- Paula helps people succinctly say what they need to say in two minutes.
- How to be succinct: The Accordion Method.
- Done is better than perfect; just get it out there and give yourself deadlines.
- Know your audience and look through their lens to frame your product.
- Getting media attention do’s and don’ts.
- The motivation behind people’s pitches and when their efforts work.
- The different types of producers and what they do.
- The value of media training and how to prepare for an interview.
- Structuring your pitch: The hook, the “why now” and the twist.
- Use lists and managing time to be more productive and focus on outcomes.
- The importance of connection, networking and believability.